One Piece - Old World Tides

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Tides - RP from Pirates with Pirates for Pirates.

It's that time of the year!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am by Fuura

Yes it is.

For some it's snowy goodness, for some it's sunny festivities.
Christmas is happening just now and i sincerely hope, no expect, everyone to have a smahing time with family, relatives and …

Grand Opening on the Horizon

Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am by Fuura

I know there have been a couple people already, who have been watching and have gotten very excited, and today, i am excited to say this:

Everything of importance is done and registrations are open. …

All done with rulemaking

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm by Fuura

Yes, all done. With the main rules, as in the rulebook, application rules and creations rules.
The inventory and some minor topics stil need some work. But the main rule construct is all ready.

Rest …

3 posters

Horizon Art [Style]

Kyoko
    Kyoko
    Pirate

Horizon Art [Style] Empty Horizon Art [Style]

Post by Kyoko Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 am

Horizon Art

Weapons: Hand-to-Hand

Description: Horizon arts are generally a collection of techniques based mostly on single, straight attacks with great power or impact to take out enemies in few powerful shots rather then competing for extended time periods. Most of the techniques require some physical prowess in order to hurt the victim more then the attacker, as forces can work in both directions – and of those forces, there are a lot in this style.
    Almost exclusively teached by the Aza school on Karate Island.

------------ Techniques ------------

Cloudsplitter

Prerequisites: Strength 3, Hand-to-Hand 2
    Weapon types: Hand-to-Hand
    Cost: 350 EXP

Description: A seemingly simple downwards leg strike, also known as dropkick, that employs the user's strength alongside his weight and falling or jumping velocity to deliver a fatal strike that crushes victims under the literal spearhead of the attack, the user's heel and leg by imparting strong vertical forces.

Torcleaver

Prerequisites: Strength 2, Hand-to-Hand 2
    Weapon types: Hand-to-Hand
    Cost: 200 EXP

Description: Basically a standard move of the style, it's a special kind of karate chop. Relying on the user's brute strength and maul-effect of his arm used as a lever, it serves to either deliver hard, close-range blows to enemies, or break their defensive measures, like weapon hilts, shields or similiar (if made of breakable material, and depending on the individual's strength), or tear other obstacles asunder.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Application Staff

Horizon Art [Style] Empty Re: Horizon Art [Style]

Post by Izzy Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Good technique concept. Cloudsplitter seems fine. Is there a limit to what materials Torcleaver can break? Spears have hilts, but so do swords.
    Kyoko
    Kyoko
    Pirate

Post by Kyoko Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:42 am

It depends on the user, as far as i am concerned. If you are so strong that you can break iron or steel, this can definately do that. Hence why "if made of breakable material" as in relative to the user's capabilities.
    Izzy
    Izzy
    Application Staff

Post by Izzy Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 am

Sorry. I've been a bit preoccupied as of late.

I took the liberty of editing something in: (if made of breakable material, and depending on the individual's strength)"

Considering it was my only issue, I'd rather not hold this up any longer than required. As such, I'll slap my Approval on this and bug another admin for his/her judgement. I'm afraid you need two, as usual. Sorry for the delays.
    Skipper
    Skipper
    Admin

Post by Skipper Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 am

Izzy took care of all of them blunts and scratches so far, as I read it, it is fairly reasonable with not any holes that are seen as of far. I hereby dub this application the APPROVAL!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 am