One Piece - Old World Tides

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Tides - RP from Pirates with Pirates for Pirates.

It's that time of the year!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am by Fuura

Yes it is.

For some it's snowy goodness, for some it's sunny festivities.
Christmas is happening just now and i sincerely hope, no expect, everyone to have a smahing time with family, relatives and …

Grand Opening on the Horizon

Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am by Fuura

I know there have been a couple people already, who have been watching and have gotten very excited, and today, i am excited to say this:

Everything of importance is done and registrations are open. …

All done with rulemaking

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm by Fuura

Yes, all done. With the main rules, as in the rulebook, application rules and creations rules.
The inventory and some minor topics stil need some work. But the main rule construct is all ready.

Rest …

2 posters

Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style]

Anais
    Anais
    Marine

Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style] Empty Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style]

Post by Anais Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Style Name: Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori

Weapons: Katana + Rifle
    Description: It is a school made specifically for the way of the blade. Like any others, it has it’s own techniques and moves which would prove useful in close quarter combat. However, Chizuru learned as well handling a rifle so combining both skills she is able to fight in long range and close combat. The ranged branch depends on keeping targets on distance, hit them hard and hit them where it hurts most.

------------ Techniques ------------

Battou:

Prerequisites: Speed 2, Reaction 2, Concentration 2
    Weapon typed: Katana
    Cost: 50

Description: It is the art of drawing the blade out of it’s sheath to strike, it could be used in both offense and defense situations. Quite indeed versatile, however it is a basic technique for those who treads such honorable path of the katana.

Quick Reload:

Prerequisites: Speed 2, Reaction 2, Concentration 2
    Weapon typed: Rifle
    Cost: 50

Description: In the heat of battle, running out of bullets is truly dire. However with quick reloading, one can quickly reload to continue the firing in order to attack and protect, as the name implies.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style] Empty Re: Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style]

Post by Fuura Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 am

Put them {u} and {/u} tags in between the color ones so the underlining is red on your style, because it looks nicer.

Technique names want to be underlined in red too. And they don't need these -> :

So far for the layout, now it's content in the operating table, and boy it's going to be messy.
    Weapons: The second battle-expertise that you probably mean is called "Firearms".

Description is kind of redundant. With how it is now, that's as good has having none. "It is a school made specifically for the way of the blade. Like any others, it has it’s own techniques and moves which would prove useful in close quarter combat." And i have to imagine that how, roundabout? That could literally be any style that uses bladed weapons. You'll definitely need more specialized description for that one.
    "The ranged branch depends on keeping targets on distance, hit them hard and hit them where it hurts most." - That too, is so generic, it doesn't say anything about what makes the style special from anyone who can point a gun at other people.

A style is a very "special" and maybe "individual" thing that sets one's use of certain weapon types apart from every other person who just swings their sword about randomly or simply shoots people in the face. It needs at least a bit descriptive content that points people in the direction of how they can imagine the user fight, in a more or less outstanding manner compared to some random fool. It could be a style of spinny, dancing motions, a full-swing clobber kind of attack routine that doesn't so much cut with the sword as it bludgeons people, or very directional charges or whatever. Just putting "It's a style that uses swords." is neither enough nor any use later. If you want to be able to use a weapon type, you don't need a style for that. Styles are about using a weapon and being incredibly fancy while doing so.

Also, try to pick one direction, either it's a general description for a "common" style that is rather public and not limited to certain individuals -in which case there would be no names of characters etc so it would fit anyone who would want to use it; or it's a private style only one person or a few select people know - that also means you have to have either made it up yourself, IC-ly, or have someone (NPC, other person who knows it, whatever) who has taught your character. In which case directly addressing a certain specific character would be possible.

That for the style, techniques next.
    While i could create an argument out of why you need a technique to draw a sword, i don't really mind - if that's what people want to have, so be it. I'm not keeping anyone from underwhelming themselves. Naturally, if that's a special kind of draw, that's a bit different - in which case, the description needs to be a bit more detailed, cause if i can't imagine it from the description, the description is definitely lacking.
    I'm more concerned with why does something simple like that need concentration 2 and reaction 2? It's a simple technique, 3 attributes on 2, i find a bit high - especially seeing how concentration is more of a focus ability, useful for precise things for example. Reaction is more meant to be the reflex how fast you can react to something happening - which may be appropriate if it's some special draw. That's what you have to figure out though. And if it is, 50 EXP cost seems a bit low-ish.

Reloading really does not need to be a technique. For one thing, how fast you can reload, depends on how fast and skilled in it you are, mostly. As such, the technique in itself is mostly pointless - still i'd like to point out that it, too, has too high prerequisites for such a simple task.

After everything is wrapped up, you'll want to update your sheets with revised style an techniques, just a reminder.
    Anais
    Anais
    Marine

Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style] Empty Re: Aika no Sakura: Tenshi no mamori [Style]

Post by Anais Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Again your points are noted and again, I apologize for the hassle. Please remove this app. to the rejected section, please.

Thank you very much.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:37 am

Put something new together once you're far enough into a new idea.
    Meanwhile, rejected.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:06 pm