One Piece - Old World Tides

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old World Tides - RP from Pirates with Pirates for Pirates.

It's that time of the year!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am by Fuura

Yes it is.

For some it's snowy goodness, for some it's sunny festivities.
Christmas is happening just now and i sincerely hope, no expect, everyone to have a smahing time with family, relatives and …

Grand Opening on the Horizon

Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am by Fuura

I know there have been a couple people already, who have been watching and have gotten very excited, and today, i am excited to say this:

Everything of importance is done and registrations are open. …

All done with rulemaking

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm by Fuura

Yes, all done. With the main rules, as in the rulebook, application rules and creations rules.
The inventory and some minor topics stil need some work. But the main rule construct is all ready.

Rest …

2 posters

Red Scale Techniques

MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Red Scale Techniques Empty Red Scale Techniques

Post by MG Ark Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 am

Technique Name
    Fishman's Fist
    Prerequisites: Strength Level 2, Hand to Hand Level 2
    Weapon types: Hand to Hand
    Cost: 50 EXP
    Description: The fishman will flex the muscles in one or both arms and energize himself with a slight boost in speed and strength present for only a single second to change the style of punching to penetration rather than blunt trauma.

Technique Name Red Fish Explosive Fist
    Prerequisites: Strength Level 3
    Cost: 150 EXP
    Description: The fishman will compress all raw physical power into a single point on the body [IE a foot or a hand] and channel the energy through the next thing this segment of the body connects with. The energy will resonate inside and explode outward in all directions as explosive kinetic energy.

Last edited by MG Ark on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Red Scale Techniques Empty Re: Red Scale Techniques

Post by Fuura Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm

I know, you hate double-checking, but please do it regardless. :>
    Stuff like, you are supposed to replace "Technique name" with the name of the technique instead of putting it after that.
    Tech 2 does not have any name to it.
    And for weapon types, mostly the expertise group name will be enough unless it's really only specific weapons within an expertise. (e.G.: you can't do everything you can do with a pistol or rifle with the respective other one or a crossbow even, yet they are the same expertise.)

Technique 1 i kind of miss a little more explanation, it just says for one punch you're penetrating instead of blunt force hitting. So it's a very directional, focused strike? And what exactly is meant by flexing? Because technically that's what you always do. I'd expect it to be kind of a "spring loaded" strike after building up "pressure" by flexing without extending your arm accordingly and then releasing at the desired power.

For the second one, i can't really imagine what that's supposed to be, how it's supposed to work. But i can already tell you, that you cannot make things explode just by focusing. You'll need to refine this and the explanation as such a fair bit.

Also both need some kind of explanation about how this fares for hitting people and possible other targets roundabout. Just so it's in the clear, what this can practically do.
    MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Post by MG Ark Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:48 am

Tech 1: Basically this technique is a concentrated punch to give it that little extra oomph should it be required. A canon comparison would be Gum-Gum Pistol in that it's not necessarily something Luffy couldn't do without using a specialized version of his devil fruit in that he basically just extends his arm and slams it into someone, or tries to, and it is a technique for various reasons. This is similar in the way that it is basically a "max" power punch from MG Ark.

Tech 2: This is a bit more complicated than the previous technique but I'm sure I can explain it if I take a bit more time in doing so. Basically the idea is a punch that comes from the inside rather than the outside. A transfer of kinetic energy into a vibration form much in the way that a drum vibrates to create sound when hit with a drum stick. In any case the punch would completely negate it's own power upon impact and then reverberate inside via moisture (As it is still part of a fishman combat style) inside of the punched 'thing' and then explodes outward. Not really explode in flames but more of an expulsion of force all at once from a single point inside of what was hit originally with this technique.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 pm

First one does look fine then, but the other one, do put a reasonable explanation in the technique description, because that's where people will look for it if they have trouble figuring it out. That's what the description is for. Not only for how something looks but also a brief explanation how it works basically plus potentially what it's good for/what kind of effect it creates.
    MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Post by MG Ark Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 am

Technique Name Red Fish Explosive Fist
    Prerequisites: Strength Level 3
    Cost: 150 EXP
    Description: The fishman will attack a target object, living thing, other misc. thigs with to begin this technique. Upon connecting this technique with the target the Red Scale water abilities will manipulate the moisture inside of the object/person/thing within the immediate concussive range of the connection. The manipulation will not be absolute but cause the moisture to take the energy and power from the attack made by the fishman and reflect it back towards the outer shell of the target of this technique. This reflection of energy will explode outward in kinetic energy from the inside of the target rather than the damage that would naturally be done with a normal attack.

[OOC:] Revised to be more specific and descriptive.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 am

Now that's a much more acceptable description. NOw to more technical things, as it reads, it's a kind of focus-y based ability requiring some form of "mastery".
    That i'd like to see reflected in a decent requirement of most likely concentration.
    MG Ark
    MG Ark
    Pirate Captain

Post by MG Ark Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Alright i'll add Concentration level 2 as what you say is true and fair.
    Fuura
    Fuura
    Admin

Post by Fuura Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Seems alright then, to me. Approved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:42 pm